Vegetarian Thanksgiving Dishes You'll Make Again and Again
Updated: Jun 13, 2022
I will confess, I am team ‘side dishes’ when it comes to the Thanksgiving table. Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, roasted carrots, garlic mashed potatoes, mushroom stuffing, cranberry sauce...these are a few of my favorite things!
Plus, if you’re looking to cut down on the meat or cut it out altogether, you’ll want to go all-in on some scrumptious vegetarian side dishes. With an abundance of colorful, flavorful dishes, I guarantee no one will miss the turkey. Read on for some of my tried-and-true vegetarian recipes, plus a few of my favorite holiday desserts.
1. Alison Roman’s Labneh Dip With Sizzled Scallions and Chile
2. Cranberry Sauce with Dried Cherries and Cloves from Epicurious
3. Julia Moskin’s version of Ina Garten’s Charred Carrots With Orange and Balsamic
4. Smitten Kitchen’s Brussels Sprouts, Apple and Pomegranate Salad
5. Tejal Rao’s Pickled Mushroom Salad
6. Martha Rose Shulman’s Whole Wheat Bread, Apple and Cranberry Dressing
7. Alexa Weibel’s Creamy Double-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
8. Julia Reed’s Bourbon Pecan Pie
9. Melissa Clark’s Brandied Pumpkin Pie
10. Genevieve Ko’s Apple Pie Bars